Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Who's #1?

The following article is from the Fish Wrap known as the Edmonton Journal (November 19, 2008). It's time the Edmonton Oilers trade either Garon or Roloson and put DD as the full time back up. This three way goalie business hurts everyone.

Oilers goalie Mathieu Garon hasn't started a game since Nov. 6 in Pittsburgh and he's beginning to wonder when he'll play again, reports the Edmonton Journal.

"I don't know what to think," Garon told the paper.

"I don't know what's going on. I'm not the one making the decisions. There's not much I can control except to have good practices."

Garon started five of the team's first seven games of the season, but has since only started in two.

Dwayne Roloson has played in eight games this season, while rookie Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers has played in five.

It's uncertain if the Oilers are showcasing Roloson in an attempt to trade him.

"I don't want to get into who's No. 1," Oilers coach Craig MacTavish told the Journal.

"I will say that Roli looks on top of his game and we'll keep riding him."

No comments: